CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 9, 2010

New Life????

So it has basically been a year since I have written on this bloggy thing, but really nothing has happened until now. It is so crazy! So let me take you back, back to when this craziness all started. I decided a while ago that I was going to follow my dream of training birds and go into Zoology. Well the only place in the whole freakin' state to have that degree was Weber State. So I signed up for classes thinking that I would drive there every other day for my one class and take the others online. well I have never paid attention to how long it takes to get to Ogden because I was never driving. Last time I was preoccupied with a bird! I don't have time to look at clocks! Anyway I drove there to see an adviser and it freakin' took fffooorrreeeevvver! Plus the campus was twice as big as SLCC's and my classes where in the farthest building away on campus. I was thinking "what the crap is wrong with me?!!? I can't do this! I am only 24 years old, I am still just a baby! (according to my mom and dad in the real world 24 is old, but they know nothing) anyway for months I was concerned about what to do. It basically haunted my every action! I was never not able to think about it. People kept asking me " are you going to move there?" and I was like No way man I am staying right here! but the thought of moving kept nagging at me. What? Move? am I going crazy? what is wrong with me? I don't want to move! I told my parents I would live with them till I was 50! I can' t break their hearts like that. I can't let them down now. but I the thought wouldn't leave me. so every day, seriously, every day I looked for an apartment to rent or roommates but everything was so expensive or the people sounded crazy or lived with cats which I am allergic too. So my friend Megan, just got off her mission a few months ago, kept telling me that Ogden was the bomb and she had so much fun there. So I thought why can't see live with me! Genius! but of course that would have been easy and fun so no. that wouldn't be allowed. She found a job in Salt Lake. Crap! Everyone of my friends is either married or graduated. why do my friends have to be so awesome. why couldn't they be socially stunted like me? ugh! Dang friends. Well it was two weeks before August and I knew time was running out, school was starting soon. So then I had a visit from my visiting teachers and I told them I didn't know what to do. I was scared with either choice I made and I felt like I was suppose to have answer but I wasn't getting one. They told me that sometimes you have to make a decision and move forward with it and then the Lord would tell you if its right or not. so I thought long and hard about it and decided to take the plunge and move. I think I was kind of hoping the Lord would intervene and tell me I was wrong and to stop and stay home. But No, that's not how my life works, pretty much everything fell into place. The next Sunday Megan said that she knew a girl looking for a roommate and she gave her my number and by Thursday we had seen the place and I was saying yes to moving in with her. Again when I said yes I was waiting for that sinking feeling to come into my heart but it never came. then I tried to make it come and still nothing! Dang it! I was really doing this. So I quit my job at the college and two weeks later I moved to Ogden. That day was the hardest of my life. My mom and brother and sister helped me move everything in. Then they were gone. I was alone. with a girl I didn't know. SIDE NOTE: okay so I am not a normal person, I don't like meeting people, and the only ones that really really know me are my family. not even my closest friends know everything about me. and I get embarrassed about the stupidest things.
Well here I am all alone, I am crying while I unpack everything but trying not to let my roommate, Jamie is her name, know. but it is harder then you think because there is a freakin' Hole in the wall that goes into her bed room! what the crap! you have got to be kidding me. so I go to bed I just wanted this to be a dream and be over with but I couldn't go to bed because of the special Hole in the Wall! her light was shining through this giant hole. and then I couldn't get the door to close because the door knobs are so old I think the pioneers brought them across the plains with them. So the first night was a memorable one!
Well so far its week 3 of school and the classes get harder every week but I am trying to stay on top of it. I still don't have a job even though I have applied to every where within a 15 mile radius of my apartment. and I have come to learn that my roommate is the most perfect girl ever. you know that girl that you love to hate because she is so awesome? yep that's her. she is so sweet and nice and loves everything and is a health nut and everyone wants to be her friend and date her. Basically the exact opposite of me! its not her fault, but man it can be annoying some days. I come home so much that my dad is wondering why I moved out. I always tell him "I think aliens took over my body" its the only explanation that makes sense. so far I haven't made any friends and I just found out that there is not Target in Ogden. nNNNNOOOOO! so I will try to keep you five people posted of what is going on.

oh and here are some pictures of my place.This is the lovely corner I spend most of my time in, when I am not at school.




This living room is smaller then it appears!



small kitchen but nice!



the small shared bathroom. did I mention I hate being open to people I don't know!





3 comments:

Becca said...

Hi Summer!!! I know it is scary and hard at the same time having to share everything with some stranger! Yeah, ask Troy---when we got married I was all super embarrassed and it took me a long long time even still not now to want to "share" everything. I like my privacy and it is hard. I hope you do well in school and you can do what you want to do once you graduate. At least your roommate is nice. Things will get better. Don't come visit your family too much, not that it is bad, but I think you never really stop living until you have figured things out away from home more. Well, maybe. Just wait....exciting things will happen for you!

Summie said...

Thanks Becca!

Mindy said...

Summs! I'm so glad you posted about your new experiences! I know it's hard and probably takes a lot of getting used to, but you can do it! You are AMAZING and people love you so just let your room mates see how flippin funny you are. Good luck!!